Safety: Know Before You Go
Information is power, when you are enjoying the outdoors.
- Check trail difficulty and closures before you embark on your hike.
- Tell others where you are headed, and when you will be back
- Check weather and fire restrictions
- Bring ample water
- Wear smart shoes (no open toed shoes)
- Bring a flashlight, matches, and first aid supplies
- Bring Sunscreen
- Stay together; do not hike alone!
- Hike with someone who knows the trail
- Do not rely on cell or sat phones
For a full safety checklist, pick up the card
at a local business.